Monday 22 April 2013

Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone
By Di Garling

"YOU"

Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by the blog today.
I have three layouts to share with you, the first two I have
stepped way way outside of my comfort zone, & I have
to say that I am rather pleased with the results.
As most of you that know my work will know, my style
is rather "shabby chic" so I set myself the challenge to
do modern with a touch of minimilist. I have done those lovely
watery backgrounds that my fellow DT member Kim Price
is so famous for & I have based this first layout on the current
sketch from "Once Upon A Sketch".


Naturally I have used lots of gorgeous Green Tara goodies
including this fab black & white  "Herringbone Ribbon". I
really think this ribbon makes such a statement.

I have also used one of the new Green Tara "Azelea" flowers as well
as some of their "Roses" & "Rosebuds". I have simply misted
them in the same colours as I did the background & just applied
more to increase the density of the colour.


Next up I  used some of the NEW black "Burlap" ribbon too.
This is available in various colours. I just love this stuff,
especially the natural shades which no doubt you will see the
girls all using over the coming weeks.


In this pic you can see I have also used some of the Green Tara
black "Suede Cord" too.
The perfect piece of whimsy when combined with some roses.


All of my chipboard here, including the title, arrows, cogs & 
mini filmstrips, are from 2 Crafty chipboard.


Green Tara Products Used
 Burlap Ribbon 38mm, Black CODE: RBBurBL
3mm Suede Cord  Black CODE: RB761BL
  5cm Azaleas CODE: FLA100
3cm White Roses CODE: FDR024Wh
 3cm Black Roses CODE: FDR024BL
1cm Mini Rosebud White
CODE: FDV025Wh



'FOREVER"

This would definitely be the most minimilist layout I have ever done !!!
I have used the Green Tara "Cobweb Mesh" tucked in underneath
 the photo & again at the top in the small cluster.
I think on the plain background, this mesh really packs a punch.
It is available in lots of great colours too.


I have also used some of these beautiful black Green Tara
"Silk Flowers with Swarovski Crystal Centres"
teamed with some of their  black & yellow "Roses" &
I finished off with some of their black "Skeleton Leaves".
Simple & stylish.


Green Tara Products Used
50mm Cobweb Black CODE: RB6772BL
Silk Flowers with Swarovski Crystal Centres. 3cm Black. CODE: SDBLL60
3cm Yellow Roses CODE: FDR024Y
Black Roses 2cm CODE: FDR006Bl
1 cm Roses Black CODE: FDR001BL
7.5cm Skeleton Leaves Black
CODE: RTB2BL



"PARTY TIME"

This layout you may have seen before. I had it entered in a
challenge last month over at OUAS & I was so happy that it got
"Featured".
Obviously it has so many beautiful Green Tara products on it.


Some beautiful Green Tara fabric flowers.


Various Green Tara "laces" & one of their many beautiful
"Pearl Sprays".

Green Tara Products Used
16cm Silver/Acrylic/Pearl Stem CODE: XB29357
  Heirloom 4cm Silk and Organza  Dusky Pink CODE: XF9317DP
Heirloom 4cm Silk and Organza  White CODE: XF9317Wh
Primula 4.5cm Silk and Organza Flowers  White CODE: XF9325Wh
3cm Turquoise Roses CODE: FDR024Tu
Plus four different Laces
3cm White Roses
CODE: FDR024Wh
2cm Rose White
CODE: FDR009Wh
Plus five different laces

Hope I have inspired you  to use some of
our beautiful products on your next layout
& remember to visit us on FACEBOOK too.
It is updated with something NEW every day.

Until next time.
Cheers Di  xo


11 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Di...Minimalist is so very difficult for me too but you definitely rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Di, those are all gorgeous, I love the first two, all of the black trims are gorgeous and the second one is striking too, your backgrounds are beautiful, I must say though, I LOVE your normal pages, so the last one is just stunning, so many lucious details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, you really nailed minimalist- these are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Di...all such beautiful layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These layouts are all absolutely beautiful-love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Di, just stunning. Stepping out of your comfort zone really paid off cause you absolutely nailed it.
    Well done, I am in awe

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the effects you have achieved on these layouts Di, gorgeous colour and beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 3 of these layouts all look INCREDIBLE Di.... My hats off to you for tackling Minimalist!I think you nailed it! FABBO. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Di, You did a GREAT job with this style!!!! LOVE the outcome on both layouts!!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three layouts are absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the watery background you achieved. So lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful, each one is just amazing Di .... love your creativity.

    ReplyDelete