Saturday 1 September 2012

Lamp Shade By Linda Thompson


I brought a set of 3 lamps quite cheap from Target a few months ago thinking I would just get something better at a later date, but while turning them on one night it came to me like a light bulb, I could alter them.

You could create this 2 ways, doing it the way I did which I must admit was a little hard but I found it easier to judge what it would look like at the end. Or you can decorate your paper while it is flat on your table and glue the completed item to the shade frame.

Starting with some paper I wrapped it around the lamp, it didn't quite go all the way around and I ended up with 2 joins so I just made sure they were both close to the back of the lamp and tried to match the paper up as best as I could, I used 450 quick dry glue to attach the paper directly to the shade but you could remove the old shade and attach the paper to the metal frame.

Using one of the wide laces Green Tara has on offer I glimmer misted them to create the perfect colour and attached it to the top of my shade I left a small part overlap the top of the frame to cover up the edge of the paper and give it a neater appearance, as it was a small side table lamp you would often see the top.

Then picking out my flowers, all Green Tara of course. I started arranging them using a removable adhesive, this allowed them to stay put but also make it easy to remove to move them around, once I was happy I glued them on once again using the 450 quick dry glue.

Then added pieces or ribbon, a small cut off from the lace, one of the new Green Tara Butterflies and paper swirls, then beaded trim to the bottom and finished it of with Green Tara silver sprays and the new Green Tara Silver Diamante Trim.
I left the stand alone as I want to add a wooden base but you can match flowers and embellishments down the stand and to the base.


Green Tara Products Used
Wave Silver Diamante Trim 10m CODE: RBY25 - Used around the bottom edge.
12mm Round Silver Diamante Trim 10m CODE: RBY36 - I cut this up and added 3 here and there.
25mm Lattice 10m roll White CODE: RB6735Wh - I used a few pieces of this trim here and there.
Poppy 8cm Organza Flowers Ivory 12 pcs CODE: XF9212Iv
Tutu 5cm Organza and Pearl Flowers Lime 12 pcs CODE: XF9227Li
Tutu 5cm Organza and Pearl Flowers Ivory 12 pcs CODE: XF9227Iv
Camellia 8cm Paper flowers Peach 12 pcs CODE: XF9219Pe
Gardenia Ivory CODE: FDV054Iv
Gardenia Peach CODE: FDV054Pe
Gardenia White CODE: FDV054Wh
Ivory Apple Blossoms CODE: FDV044Iv
Light Brown Roses 2cm CODE: FDR006LB
1.5cm Roses Green CODE: FDR003Gr
1.5cm Roses Lime Green CODE: FDR003LG

Thanks looking in today.
Linda

7 comments:

  1. WOW Linda this is amazing, love the lace and how you have done the floral pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning project Linda! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee Linda you certainly have been busy. Beautiful. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING Linda, Love your flowers combinations...so delicate and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea and a great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great Linda - you've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete